Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas 2013: Christmas and Civil Society

Merry Christmas friends. Nice weather here, cloudy everyday, brief rain showers sometimes in the afternoon. Wish you nice vacation. Me, have articles to edit, and a PH economic review to submit before the year end. Am not complaining, I like writing. Cheers, and merry Christmas once again.

I posted that message in my fb wall yesterday, thanks to 80+ likes from friends, plus comments.  My two girls complained yesterday why I could not join them and their mama in the malls, well I was stuck in the office. But no complains. J

I left the office 7pm yesterday, dinner, then I drove the girls to see again the lights of Makati CBD, then the lighted parks of Urdaneta and Bel air villages. The latter's park has a giant christmas tree with a giant angel at the top, ang galing. From Bel air, one can see the well-lighted exterior of buildings of Rockwell Center, beautiful. Today, back in the office.

I posted this today in the facebook group that I created and moderate, “Government and Taxes, Liberty and Responsibility”, 640+ members:

Merry Christmas friends. Minimal politics and pol. discourse, mostly family and friends and communities. The spirit and nature of civil society. Let's aim for this nature in the years to come. Cheers. 

Thanks to friends who read and/or liked it. Civil society is a state where people are mature and responsible enough to run their own households and communities without being heavily regulated and told to do certain things, or prohibited from doing many things. Thus, the focus is on volunteerism,assignment of rights and obligations; freedom and responsibility intertwined, one is not possible without the other. In this state or nature of society, a lean state is the result. People seldom talk about politics and politicians, but on ideas how to do things with minimum coercion, regulation and legislation.

Finally, I like this story, this guy is wonderful. "He could spend hours upon hours creating one design, just to have it be covered by snowfall or blown away by the next day. But he still makes them."

From ViralNova,




12-12-12, December 12, 2012

No comments: